Saturday, October 15, 2011

On the mend...

I'm sorry I missed a day!!  Gracie has been so agitated and/or depressed that I haven't had a minute to even turn my computer on.  She is so, so sad...sort of shutting down.  I know this is all part of it, but so, so difficult to watch.  She still has a pretty deep cough and some tummy issues, but we are definitely on the mend.  Her lung Xray has finally shown a little bit of an improvement the past 24 hours, which is really great news.  I would say that is our only real issue.  Her lungs need to clear up before we can move out of ICU.  She is coughing really strong now though, which is awesome--she's starting to move some junk out!!  And her belly--so expected.  She's been on a ton of medicine throughout the surgery and the 24 hours following--it sort of stops things up.  Her belly Xray this morning showed no blockage, so it will just take a little time.  We have time!!

From a medical standpoint, Gracie's fontan is very successful.  Her numbers are AMAZING!!  Oxygen saturations are around 90 with blowby O2--most of the time, that is stuck in my armpit, so it's doing nothing.  She is usually around 75%, so this is wonderful and is giving her the sweetest, PINKEST, most kissable little lips and her fingernails--I can't stop staring--what a gift!!  She will be just fine!! 

I did run home last night so I can watch Breuklyn run in the State XC meet this afternoon.  I slept in my own bed and it was glorious!!  Curtis is camping out in MB5B18 today--Selah and I will join him when the meet is over and Derek will meet us there as well.  Connor has such a bad cough and wants to be there more than anything, but it's just too risky to expose to Gracie at this point.  She needs some healthy lungs!!

I will try to update tonight with pictures--I'm home without my memory card, so I can't right now, but the comparison of her lips is unbelievable--she's so pink!!

Enjoy your day!  I am on my way to cheer on Breuklyn and her fellow Comets!!

Gayle

No comments:

Post a Comment